There is nothing better than the spring turkey season at Silver Lake Preserve. The Osceola wild turkey is the native species of this region and a highly sought quarry. These fine long beards are a wary breed which test the skills of even the most experienced hunter.
Through active habitat management and light hunting pressure, our Osceola population is plentiful. At Silver Lake Preserve we offer a very limited number of hunts during the spring season.
Silver Lake Preserve Spring turkey season runs through the first two weeks of March, 2019. Being located south of State Road 70 affords SLP the earliest opportunity to harvest turkeys in Florida. Our hunts book early and are limited to a maximum of 4 hunters per hunt.
- First two weeks of March, 2019
- Turkey hunts include a 3 night, 2 1/2 day stay.
- 1 bird limit per hunter.
- Lodging, meals, and ground transportation on the property are included.
- Upon harvesting your Osceola gobbler you will have the opportunity to hog hunt at no additional charge.
- $2,500 per person.
- Guide service available upon request.